The objective of the United Pentecostal Church International (UPCI) in organizing the Foreign Missions Division is to proclaim the whole gospel to the whole world by sending forth God-called men and women in obedience to the great commission. "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15). It is further "the purpose of the United Pente- costal Church to seek out and to carry the gospel to the whole world, and to help establish self-supporting, self-governing, and self-propagating national churches" (UPCI Manual, Article XII, Section 1, Paragraph 1).
The ultimate goal and aim is the preparing of the church for the coming of Jesus Christ for His bride. "That he might present to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish" (Ephesians 5:27). To this end it is the absolute responsibility of this God-instituted body to teach the Oneness of the Godhead in Jesus Christ; repentance of all sin; baptism by immersion in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sin; and the receiving of the Holy Ghost with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance. Thereafter it is the responsibility of the ministry to teach all baptized believers that they must "follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14).
It is imperative that every foreign missionary of the UPCI knows and understands the objectives of the Foreign Missions Division. For this reason these objectives are stated as follows:
- To send forth God-called missionaries into all the world to preach the gospel of the kingdom to every creature;
- To train national workers and ministers that they might, in fulfillment of the great commission, be able to evangelize and give leadership to the churches among their own people and in missionary outreach to other nations;
- To produce under God, self-governing national churches in every country according to the apostolic pattern;
- To establish an international fellowship of the United Pentecostal Church. National churches shall be encouraged to maintain the clos- est fraternal fellowship with the United Pentecostal Church International in the United States and Canada and with United Pentecostal Churches worldwide;
- To create, by the power of the Word of God and the working of the Holy Spirit, a love for truth and holiness that will bind the church to the heart of God and produce the bride of Christ from among every nation, tribe, and tongue in the whole world (Revelation 5:9).