The Ladies Ministries division of the United Pentecostal Church International brings women of all ages together and forges them into a dynamic force for world evangelism. Since its inception it has been the goal of Ladies Ministries to reach every age by all means possible.
We have been consistent in our support of New Beginnings with its home for unwed mothers and adoption program, Tupelo Children's Mansion, for the child who has either temporarily or permanently been displaced. Troubled teens are ministered to through the Lighthouse Ranch for Boys and Haven of Hope for Girls. Today's Christian Girl, a free web site club helps young girls connect with other groups and know they are not alone in believing and living out the teaching of the Word of God.
Mothers join others around the world in focused prayer for their children on the first Monday of every month with our Daughters of Zion prayer commitment. This is an effective tool for reaching the community and inviting mothers to "come as they are" to pray for children in the community and local schools. Many become "regulars" and are soon born again through the plan of salvation!
Meaningful literature has been written for those who seek godly direction in life. More to Life Bible studies continue to be a means of strengthening our women while bringing others to the saving knowledge of Christ. Free ongoing Bible studies are offered on our website.
Thirty thousand or more attend Ladies Ministries conferences in North America annually to hear anointed speakers on subjects that strengthen our core beliefs. These conferences are an open door for lady ministers to fulfil their calling. Breakout sessions target and strengthen our youth in their walk with God.
Widowed ministers’ wives are undergirded with our Women of Worth program. This is beneficial in helping them know they are still valuable to the kingdom of God though the ministering husband is no longer with them.
HOPE (Healing Our Painful Experiences) reaches out to ministers’ wives who are dealing with separation or divorce. Qualified counselors answer every confidential email. Several have taken advantage of this program. If we help even one though this traumatic time in life, we are grateful.
In addition to the above our annual Mothers Memorial fund drive assists the following UPCI endorsed ministries: Global Missions—student support, appliances for missionaries, children's birthdays, and family Christmas checks; North American Missions—family emergency fund and prison ministries literature; Division of Education—Summer Institute and Urshan Graduate School of Theology Library fund.
A summary of our ministries:
- * Annual Mothers Memorial funds lend support to many other ministries of the UPCI.
- * District and Sectional women’s conferences lend fellowship and spiritual growth.
- * Daughters of Zion Focused prayer for children, which provides a free electronic
newsletter in several languages
- * Women of Worth, for widows of UPCI ministers, which provides a free electronic newsletter
- * HOPE, ministry to separated or divorced ministers wives, which provides free private
- *Today’s Christian Girl targets ten- to eighteen-year-old girls across the nation and around
the world to help them grow spiritually and socially; a free electronic leadership letter is provided.
- * SISTERS, for women and their families in the military, which provides a free electronic
- * Pure Path newsletter is a free electronic newsletter for preserving our heritage of truth.
- * Reflections magazine is a bimonthly subscription publication written by women for women.
Literature and products available through Ladies Ministries:
- * Prints of commissioned paintings for Mothers Memorial Drive
- * Tapestries of our popular prints, I Will Do It, The Alabaster Box, and Leaving A Legacy
- * More to Life Bible studies
- * Alive in Him, for new converts, prison ministry, and self-help
- * This is Life, I Need Answers, and I Need More Answers provide practical advice for
- * Praying the Word Effectively
- * Parents and Sons Talk and Parents and Daughters Talk (promise box available)
- * The Good life, a Bible study for young women
- * Pure Path series addressing principles of modesty and holiness:
- * The Girl In The Dress
- * Covered By Love
- * Unmasked
For more information, visit www.ladiesministries.org or call 314-837-7300 and ask for Ladies Ministries.
Gwyn Oakes has served as Ladies Ministries president since January 1994. She is a licensed minister, an author, and an artist. She taught a Women in Ministry course at Gateway College for three years. She served with her pastor-husband, Rev. L.G. Oakes, in Bald Knob, Arkansas, for thirty-six years. They have four children, three grandsons, and one great granddaughter. They attend one of their three daughter works in Beebe, Arkansas, where Rich Price is the pastor.