Current Situation in Sri Lanka
Bro. & Sis. Mathiasz have shared the following regarding the current ground situation in Sri Lanka since the Easter Sunday bombings:
- We have had no services since Easter Sunday as mandated by the authorities for our safety. Last Sunday was the first service since the bombings and had to be under police protection. Our headquarters church along with a few of our other churches are provided with police protection.
- As a result of the bombings, curfew has been enforced leaving some people unable to work which results in a loss of income. Some businesses have not been operational since the terror attack. The undue pressure has caused some of our believers and attendees severe health problems of great concern.
- As per official statistics, the country has lost 1/3 of its income/earnings and increased losses are predicted if the situation continues, thereby putting a heavy burden on our people.
- Due to the impossibility of conducting regular weekly services, churches, pastors, and ministers are facing great financial loss.
- Many of our churches and people have been very badly affected and are seeking our help at this time of chaos and uncertainty.
- Please be kind to help our people of like precious faith and others connected to us as God guides you.
- Thank you for your concern and help at this hour of need.
Church & Ministry Locator
The UPCI has thousands of churches across the United States and Canada. This Church and Ministry Locator will assist you in finding a local congregation as well as Bible colleges, campgrounds, and district offices.
The UPCI reserves all rights to the information on this site.