World Headquarters Provides Support during Coronavirus Crisis
World Headquarters Provides Support
UPCI World Headquarters is providing support and resources to missionaries, churches, and constituents through its various ministries during the COVID-19 pandemic. During this time there are unexpected needs among our North American and global missionaries that we can help defray. We also have opportunities to provide assistance to our churches and families.
Children’s Ministries has resources for children’s services at home. Here is a respected source by Apostolic UPCI Children’s Evangelist Justin Hamby: facebook.com/rokministries. There are many services to see and share with our children! Children’s sermons by several children’s evangelists will soon be available to view and download at upcichildrensministries.org.
Assistance to Evangelists and North American Missionaries
North American Missions is working hard to support two of our most vulnerable ministries during this crisis: North American Missionaries and Enrolled Evangelists. We are partnering with Ladies Ministries to make emergency funds available immediately to each of these groups. Visit the following link to find out how you can help or to apply for emergency funding: northamericanmissions.faith/church-planters/evangelists-emergency.
The safety and care of our constituents and missionaries globally and on deputation amid the pandemic is one of our top priorities. We ask you to join us in prayer globally for our leaders and members for God’s protection and guidance. We have taken the following steps:
- To be good stewards, Global Missions has canceled all deputational services for the next two weeks except for online services in a desire to protect our missionary family as well as our faithful church members. Our directors are offering facilities where the missionaries can stay during this time. We will reevaluate our strategy on March 30, 2020.
- Short-term missionary personnel have been asked to postpone travel to the field for the next two weeks, and we will reevaluate on March 30, 2020.
- Our missionary force overseas has been encouraged in the past to have an emergency plan for food and finances. We have written to all and made additional finances available as needed so that they are prepared. We have also informed them that if any feel it expedient to return to North America we will facilitate this.
- All activities around the world are being postponed according to the directives of the respective governments.
- We have encouraged the worldwide leadership to take advantage of this opportunity to minister to their nations using means that will not endanger the health of those involved. This is an open door for us to minister to those who are looking to God in this crisis.
Division of Publications
- This difficult season underscores the importance of discipleship within the home. We encourage individuals to make their homes a center for nourishing spiritual growth. Pentecostal Publishing House (PPH) has released a free family devotional so parents can guide their children in a time of Bible reflection and spiritual conversation, available at pentecostalpublishing.com/response.
- With school closures and changes to church schedules, families may also benefit from Apostolic reading resources. As such, Pentecostal Publishing House (PPH) is providing free ebooks for children and significant discounts on select ebooks for adults.
- Since churches may need to transition to a nonconventional way of having service, meeting as small groups may be an effective means of moving forward. A special discount program has been made available for church accounts and personal accounts within Discipleship Central, a new web portal with all Apostolic video content for discipleship within the home and for church leaders to facilitate ministry through small groups.
- These unique circumstances may have a distinct impact on individuals with special needs. With schools and churches changing their schedules, some may have difficulty coping with the disruptions. Anyone so affected can connect with ABLE Ministry, a network of support for Accepting, Believing, Loving, and Embracing individuals and families affected by disabilities. You can find this group by searching “ABLE Ministry UPCI” on Facebook.
This is a great time to get together with family devotions. God knows what is going on! This could be a time of revival in your home. Due to state regulations, many ladies’ conferences have been cancelled. Some of the ladies are requesting that their registration not be refunded but be used as a seed offering for Mothers Memorial. What a great idea! “If you say, ‘The Lord is my refuge,’ and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent.” (See Psalm 90:9–10.) God’s got this!
During the pandemic, UPCI Youth Ministries is working to keep our apostolic youth and young adults connected to godly resources. Rather than allowing this time to be spent idle, they are promoting many great resources through social media. By utilizing Facebook live and Instagram, they will encourage students and youth workers about resources that are readily available. Youth and young adults can take advantage of InsideOut, YM podcasts, special online teaching and preaching messages, and they can engage in the YM reading challenge.
For the safety of our employees at World Headquarters, our contracted cleaning service has been conducting enhanced sanitation of the building nightly. Additionally, each weekend the building is being treated with a fogging system that applies an antiseptic treatment to all surfaces. We have canceled tours of the building, restricted other visits, and required a fourteen-day quarantine for anyone who has traveled internationally. Some employees can work from home, and special arrangements are being made for those who may be at elevated risk. We are not conducting meetings of more than ten people, and we are emphasizing the guidelines for social distancing and hygiene. We are following all guidelines from governmental and health authorities.
Additional Resources for Local Churches
We have previously posted several resources that UPCI ministers can download from upciministers.com. We are also posting ideas on Forward, the new Facebook group for UPCI-credentialed ministers. Two new additions on Forward are:
- “Drive-In Church” in partnership with a local radio station, Madisonville, KY, Pastor Robbie Knox
- Free online coaching for media strategies and small groups from the First Church/Motion staff of Pearland, TX, Pastor Ken Gurley. For more information or to get your questions answered, email firstname.lastname@example.org and asked to be linked to the weekly Zoom call or Live Stream.
Sincerely in Christ,
David K. Bernard
Church & Ministry Locator
The UPCI has thousands of churches across the United States and Canada. This Church and Ministry Locator will assist you in finding a local congregation as well as Bible colleges, campgrounds, and district offices.
The UPCI reserves all rights to the information on this site.